In this new video interview for The Nation, playwright Tony Kushner, who wrote Angels in America, discusses 'nuclear numbing', 'dissociative states', the 'greed' lying behind the anti-global warming lobby, and the particular challenge for an artist in writing about climate change:
It's difficult to approximate, the minute you've made it intimate, you've lost what it is. It's as hard to grasp it in a work of art as it is to let it settle into your consciousness and to keep it alive there and not throw yourself out the window. So I struggle with that a lot, because I feel that I've backed away from it as a thing that I write about, partly because I don't really know how to address it head on.
Rapid Warming in the Himalaya Exacerbates Geohazard Cascades Beyond
Adaptation Limits
-
This is a re-post from World Weather Attribution
A catastrophic rock-ice avalanche that transitioned into a debris flood in
the Himalayas along the Nepal...
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment